At YOSI | Collective, we believe in S.E.E. 👀
Our goals as a brand is aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, which means climate action , responsible consumption & production, life on land, and life below water are all key to our mission in HOW we produce over 90% of our products including apparel and art.
We want to keep it real💯 and tell it how it is.
We are striving to use ONLY 💯% natural materials in ALL of our products, BUT this will take some to achieve and its one of our MAIN GOALS.
As we grow, we are looking to add Hemp, Bamboo, and more 💯% GOTS certified organic cotton items which we will announce when we find the right suppliers.
We source responsibly and carefully select each of our partners and suppliers to ensure they are using low carbon manufacturing facilities and materials, while also adhering to fair trade practices
For some items, we can track our products from field to market, namely the GOTS Certified organic cotton
You are supporting ethical practices when you buy with us, so rest easy and have that peace of mind.
We try to do our best to reduce or offset our carbon footprint👣 and here's how:
- Safer Inks :
- We work with the best in the business and our suppliers and partners use the most tech advanced equipment (Kornit Printers and Brothers Printers) and methods for sustainable printing.
- The Direct To Garment (DTG) printers use genuine Brother GT-3, water based pigment inks.
- The GT-3 inks are CPSIA compliant and Oeko-Tex™ certified, which means they are free of heavy metals and chemicals (formaldehyde and APE) making them non-hazardous, non-toxic and biodegradable.
- This all ultimately means the ink is safe to print on youth/children’s clothing and reduce environmental waste.
- GT-3 inks provide a high washing colorfast AATCC rating of 4.
- Water Conservation
- One of the biggest issues in the consumer goods process is the amount of water pollution that occurs in the manufacturing process.
- The Kornit printers our suppliers use are able to offer a 100% waterless process; there are no pretreatments, steaming or washing required. HOW GREAT IS THIS😁
At the YOSI Collective, we are constantly improving the process along the supply chain to find more sustainable ways to conduct operations.
Our goods are created with YOU in mind, we don't play around when it comes to quality.
- Quality :
- clothing that fits well and is made to last through multiple wash cycles (no two wash and throw away here!)
- Our goods are made to last using the highest quality materials.
- To put this in perspective, if you could extend the life of your clothing by 9 months, with our apparel line, YOU would reduce your carbon footprint, water footprint👣, and waste by 20-30%
- Mind blowing I know, but it's the simple things that make the biggest difference as a collective.
- Materials :
- We use sustainable, natural, eco-friendly, organic materials in over 80% of our goods. click here to see more about our materials. The sustainable materials we currently use include:
- 💯% certified fair trade organic cotton
- Vegan, recyclable♻ cotton
- GOTS Certified organic cotton
- < 1% OF THE WORLDS COTTON THAT IS GROWN IS ORGANIC, SO THINK (YOSI) ABOUT THAT FOR A MINUTE.
- Recycled♻ Poly rPET
Acid-free, PH neutral, poly-cotton base
Printed on textured and fade-resistant canvas (OBA-Free) used for the artwork
- Design :
- Timeless provocative styles that get people thinking about social issues in the world.
- We aim for dateless styles that help spread a message, help fight for a cause, or just get people in your circle or on the street thinking or asking you questions.
- These styles are meant to last a lifetime or until we solve the worlds🌏 problems.
- Versatility :
- We offer multiple sizes in all our products.
- We are all different and have different shapes and curves, so we make an effort to accommodate.
- The Collective is growing🌴 everyday, and we know we need to stay adaptable and on top of our game.
- We commit to change with the times and its reflected in our designs and operations.
- Our versatility will serve YOU in the long run as we bring on more suppliers, better styles, and continue to think outside the boxbox.
It's not just about the being environmentally friendly with the product, its also about the packaging!
LET'S BE REAL 💯, who ever actually keeps the packaging anyway?
Be conscious of the environment and the unnecessary waste and we will ALL be better for it.
At YOSI Collective, we are doing our best right now to minimize and reduce packaging waste. We try our best to source natural, compostable, or recycled♻ material for use in our packing process.
A lot of our packing material is currently recycleable♻ or biodegradeable.
For our more fragile products, we use bubble wrap that is made from AT LEAST 15% recycled♻ plastic and 10% post-consumer content.
We use 70-100% post-consumer recycled♻ content and the remainder in secondary recycled♻ content for our kraft tubes.
I hope you can now S.E.E how we are an eco-friendly social awareness brand
YOSI | Collective